Terms and Conditions (subject to change without prior notice)
The Kia Assist Program is a Kia Motors New Zealand product supported by the New Zealand Automobile Association Road service.
The Kia Assist Program is non-refundable, non-transferable and specific to the Kia vehicle identified on the card.
The Kia Assist program period is defined by the Valid dates specified on the membership card.
Kia Assist Program entitlements do not cover pre-existing incidents or breakdowns that occurred prior to the customer purchasing Kia Assist.
The Kia Assist Program service provider reserves the right to deny services to any Kia Assist Program customer who in the service provider’s opinion is or has been abusive, threatening or violent toward any staff, or who attempts or has attempted to receive service by deception, with no requirement to refund.
The Kia Assist program is not covered for:
• Vehicle parts/repair costs
• Problems relating to electrical items within the vehicle e.g. radio/CD players, fridges
• Vehicles that do not display a current Warrant of Fitness and/or Registration
Kia Assist Program Customer Benefits:
Kia Roadside Assistance Program (Ph.0800 800 542)
1.Free Roadside Assistance
In the unlikely event of a breakdown
2. Free Lockout Service
To gain access to the vehicle where possible in case of keys locked in car
3. Free Change of Flat Tyres
Assistance in the event of a flat tyre
4. Flat Battery Restart
A free jump start in the event of a flat battery
5. Free Tow to Safety
If the vehicle has a mechanical related breakdown and that vehicle cannot be provided a temporary repair on the spot to be mobile, the vehicle will be towed to the nearest Kia Dealer. There is no charge to the client for any callout and / or towing charges provided standard terms and conditions are met.
6. Caravans / Trailer Towing
Towing will be provided, where possible, for caravans or any other form of trailer body whist being towed by the vehicle which has experienced the breakdown and requires towing, provided the trailer/caravan can be transported by one standard towing vehicle. Any additional costs i.e. storage of any caravan or any other form of trailer body is at the owner’s / driver’s expense.
7. Out of Fuel (Limited to 1 callout per vehicle)
Free delivery of fuel to enable the vehicle to be driven to nearest Fuel station (maximum $20.00 Fuel) If more fuel is required, this will be at owners expense.
8. Temporary Flexi Side Glass Replacement
In the event of a broken side glass window, a temporary flexi side glass window will be supplied and fitted (subject to availability) free of charge to enable the vehicle to be secured and safely driven. The driver will then be referred to the nearest Kia Dealer for approved side glass replacement.
9. Emergency Taxi (Less Than 100km from Home)
In the event of a mechanical related breakdown and the vehicle is unable to be repaired on the spot, a taxi can be provided up to a value of $60.00 (GST inclusive) to enable the driver and any travel companions so they can continue their journey.
10. Emergency Taxi (Over 100 kilometres from Home)
In the event of a mechanical related breakdown and the vehicle is unable to be repaired on the spot, a taxi can be provided up to a value of $100.00 (GST inclusive) to enable the driver and any travel companions so they can continue their journey.
11. Overnight Accommodation (Over 100 kilometres from Home)
Where the drivers mechanical repairs will exceed eight hours of continuous work and where they are more than 100 kilometres from their place of residence, accommodation may be offered. This accommodation provision will cover single or double accommodation up to a value of $140.00 per night (GST inclusive) for a maximum of three (3) nights.
12. Rental car (Excludes K2700 and K2900)
Where the drivers mechanical repairs will exceed eight hours of continuous work and where they are more than 100 kilometres from their place of residence, the driver will qualify for a rental car for a maximum of three (3) days at a maximum value of $140.00 per day (GST inclusive). This will enable the driver to return home or continue their journey. In this instance, the driver is required to pay standard running costs, ie: petrol/oil/km used.
If the driver has chosen not to take the accommodation entitlement (refer to overnight accommodation above) the rental car period may be extended, if necessary, to 7 days at a value of $120.00 (GST inclusive) per day. In this instance, the driver is required to pay standard running costs, ie: petrol/oil/km used, including any insurance levy.
Exclusions to Kia Assist Program:
The KIA Customer Care program provides for most circumstances, however the following exclusions apply:
• The vehicle is involved in or disabled due to theft, vandalism and motor vehicle accidents. (Except case of Temporary Flexi Side Glass Replacement and Kia Incident Care)
• When it could be considered dangerous or illegal for our provider to load or transport the vehicle.
• When the vehicle is immobilized by failure to carry a serviceable spare wheel.
• As a result of misuse of the vehicle.
• Where the vehicle has been used for racing, rallying, pace noting, speed testing, reliability trials,
competition or off road activities at the time of the breakdown, accident or injury.
• Where the vehicle has been used as a taxi at the time of breakdown.
• Where the vehicle become’s bogged down on other than public or formed roads (e.g. beaches, forest tracks etc).
• Where the vehicle become’s trapped or immobilized in extreme conditions (i.e. snow, ice, flooding, road slips or the like).
• Attendance to or recovery of a vehicle that has broken down as a result of owner/driver negligence
whereby the Kia Assist program has provided a service on previous occasions and the owner/driver has not effected the necessary repairs required to ensure the safe and proper operation of the vehicle.
• When repairs can be carried out within one full working day by a suitable repair person (rental car or accommodation will not apply).
• Cost of any vehicle repairs .
• Problems relating to electrical items within the vehicle eg: Radio, C/D Players, fridges etc.
• Vehicles of 3.5 tonnes gross laden weight or greater.
• Where the vehicle does not display a current Warrant of Fitness and/or Registration .
Kia Incident Care Program (Ph.0800 800 542)
What is the Kia Incident Care Program?
If a Kia Assist Program customer is unfortunately involved in an incident or crash that requires body repairs, the Kia Incident Care Program may be utilized via the Kia Assist Program(0800 800 542) free phone number provided the following conditions are met:
1: The vehicle is within the respective Kia Assist Program period.
2: The vehicle’s accident repair’s are covered by a valid insurance policy claim.
The Kia Incident Care Program benefits include:
•Complimentary late-model courtesy cars for the duration of the repair (in most locations)
•Recovery and delivery of the damaged vehicle at no cost to the driver
•Claim form provision and facilitation to insurance broker or insurance company
•Stakeholder co-ordination and communications
•Repair progress tracking and pro-active client communications including target completion dates
•Complimentary vehicle valet at completion of repairs
•Documented quality inspection
•Dispute resolution and/or co-ordination of fault rectification